Today is Leonard's 1st birthday. M said Leonard is so cute that he wants to freeze the moment so Leonard will be this cute forever. Well, no matter how many years go by, Leonard will always be the cutest little boy of ours. For better and for worse, he will always be the joy of our life.
God creates this little miracle for us one year ago-- and it is a living proof of his grace. Every time I look at Leonard I learn life is so precious that I cannot measure with anything in this world. Leonard is cute (to my eye), smart (to my eye), handsome (of course, to my eye, again), and healthy (with this his doctor agrees). I could not buy any of these even I had the entire treasure of this world. The life itself is a miracle to celebrate.
I do, however, sometimes wonder why the world cannot always be this perfect. Over this past weekend, we had several small group friends (from Grace Church) come over for a packing party. We packed candies and these candies are part of the Shoe boxes packing. Before Christmas, these shoe boxes will be sent out to the children in need around the world.
 |
The assembling line starts from me and worked counter-clock-wise. Me, Rob and Kristie packed and then Susan/Jim tapped the bags and through them into "finished bin". M was taking pictures-- he was not working!
|
 |
Grabdmas and grandpa joined us with packing too. They are fast! two and half people finished 200 bags! In this picture, I was replenishing the candies. M as usual, was taking pictures, and still was not working!
|
 |
| Candies come with variety. Go to this website to learn more about shoe boxes packing: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/ |
 |
Leonard's cake. The pictures are M's childhood pictures.
|
 |
I got a gift too. The art glasses bracelace was made in Taiwan.
|
 |
Group picture.
|
 |
Leonard in front of his cake-- his outfit is somehow match the cake....
|
After packing, we had a little traditional ritual for Leonard. His grandparents from Taiwan gave him gifts passed down from great grand parents... Those were once belong to M, and now were passed down to Leonard. My father-in-law also brought a letter he wrote to M when M turned 20-- he wishes he can write Leonard one as well when Leonard turns 20! I am sure he will!
I am both surprised and in shock to find out M did not take any photos for this ritual! He video tapped it, maybe?!
What a great party!!!!!! Happy birthday to Leonard!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am thinking of keep doing this till Leonard told us not to or join us XD.
ReplyDelete