On August 20, we moved away from Erie. We have been here exactly three years and one week. We arrived in Erie on August 12, 2009, and left on August 20, 2012.
August 20 started with M leaving the house around 7am. His job is getting to the apartment in NY as soon as possible to get the key. The leasing office closes at 3:30pm. After helping him moving everything to the car (breakables, cats, TV, printers and computers), Jeffrey was up. Jeff moved several boxes into the moving truck and left as well. Then it is me and Annie. We took care of Leonard, clean the house, and run the final errands: getting dry clean coats, return a book to the library and return TWC device. We lock the door and left Erie around 1:30pm.
The trip was very smooth. Leonard is very good during driving. He told me his butt is hurt once so we stopped. We stopped three times and only once is per his request.
We arrived at NY around 9:15pm. When M drove Jeffrey to Metro Station, I arranged the furniture to desire place. I went to bed around 2am but again could not sleep. There are just so many uncertainty and I got a bit hyper for the changes.
The next day is just opening all the boxes and cleaning. Today is the 3rd day we are in NY. M starts his orientation and left the apartment around 9am. I still feel very unsettle. I cried once when I saw M playing the video of us in Erie.
I miss my house, or maybe, being in my own house.
No comments:
Post a Comment