Today is the last day we live in Erie. This morning, I woke up around dawn to see if Issac by any chance was back for food. I found food placing at front and backdoor untouched. However, the one in garage was almost gone. I looked around and felt sad: he probably was back but didn't stay. The chance we found him before moving is slim. I went back to bed but could sleep, and then an idea came to my mind: maybe he is still in garage. He used to hide at the stair going down to the basement. I went to the garage and check again. Yuki was woken up by my frequent entrance. She made small meow and I respond. Unexpected, I heard another meow returned as well. Issac was hiding between boxes! I rush to close the garage door immediately and searched between boxes! I found him right away! I hug him and hug him, he meows back as if asking what happened. Welcome home, Issac!!
Last night, when I placed food outside I did it out of desperation. I honestly don't think we can find him until later tonight. I was just hoping he knew this is a house he may find food and may come back to visit-- and if we are lucky, we can find him before leaving. It seems he actually knows this is home and come back for rest. I guess this is how life is. Life is a leap of faith. Sometimes we turn the corner before knowing it, and things start to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment