Since we are leaving town, I really want to experience things I have heard but never dare to do. When I moved to Erie, people had told me there are second hand stores would pay cash for items at good condition. The price is less than consignment store but I don't have to wait for a buyer. I always feel ashamed to sell my stuff and I am afraid that create a wrong perception of needing money. However, I also know I do have a lot of stuffs I probably would never wear or use again because they are out of style or wrong size. So, at back of my mind, I have been considering selling or donating those stuffs.
When I was running errands today, I detoured to one of a famous second hand store. I sold two pair of Nine West shoes for $8.90. Both of them are still in the boxes and were only been wore for 3 times. I really have no idea if I was ripped off or not. I got them before I had Leonard and I cannot fit into that size anymore. Having baby is a really good reason for shopping: I literally got a new wardrobe since I had Leonard.
I started mail forward service today. Sent some of my winter clothes to Dry Cleaner to prepare for the move. I also called to shut down my Cable TV, and will be turning off internet and phone services next week.
As expected, Txmx Waxnxr Cxblx service is as terrible as before. They could not provide any detail about cancellation, just told me to drop off my modern before I moved. I suggested them to take my new address for my final bill and deposit. They refused and told me to setup mail forwarding with USPS. The CSR are terribly rude. They should feel ashamed. All my vendors I called today can tell me what to expect at the day of termination, when the termination statement will be generated, and when to look for refund check. Txmx Waxnxr Cxblx is the only exception! They act completed not care and of no knowledge. Very unprofessional. Very bad business practice. Did I mention they even unplugged my Cable TV when they came to install my internet service? If we have a choice, we would never use them again! I suggest everyone stay away from that company.
Today in History:
August 13, 2009. We just moved to Erie. Annie and I spent the whole day unpacking. We also went to Wagman for the first time.
August 13, 2011. We had a packing party in our house to celebrate Leonard's Birthday. Jim and Susan arrived first and joined by Christie and Robert. I didn't expect we will be moving this year and told the group we will do this every year until Leonard told us not to or he wants something else..... Feel kind of sad to think of this conversation.
August 13, 2012
We didn't have good lunch today. Leonard is the only one have balanced diet. Aside from his regular meal, I also made this cute plate for him to encourage him to try new food. He just finished his favorite yogurt and started to play with food in the plate. He didn't really eat the food at all, the plate ended up to be upside down on his table.
No comments:
Post a Comment