I got up early and woke up Leonard to go to daycare. He was still tired and moved very slowly in the morning. He usually got some skin condition when he got cold, and last night, he has outbreak of rash on his legs. Although his skin condition has been largely improved since we started cetaphil ritual in May, he still woke up during the middle of the night for itchiness. Anyway, he didn't go back to sleep till 4 am and we have to be on time today because we were meeting our behavior specialist in daycare.
The meeting is primarily about his malicious crying during dropping off. When he just moved to the toddler room, one out of three he was crying but usually he was okay. Recently he started to have much dramatic response and we contacted EI for an evaluation. Personally, I believe it is because our life is much isolated than when in Maryland. He didn't get enough exposure to others so he is shy and overwhelming by the outside environment. In this perspective, moving to NY seems to be a very good idea. We'll be closer to Jeffery and have a lot of chance to going out with others.
Anyway, after dropping Leonard off in Daycare, we went to Erie County Farm, which is a madhouse-like indoor farmer's market. Some of my friends said that they only went there once, and will never go there again. This is how terrible it is. When we arrived, as M has predicted, it happened to be the first day of re-opening after a week off and there was a line in front of the door. It was already pass the opening time but the store has no sign of opening at all. I decided not to wait and detoured to other grocery store.
After grocery, we went picking up some dry clean clothes and then home. I made lunch for M and myself. M only eats salad for lunch. I have Roman noodle. Annie ate two slice of toasts and a egg because her stomach was still upset after Leonard kicked her twice last night. By the time I finishing prep (chop, skinned, and marinaded) all the meat I purchased and put then in freezer, it is already 3pm. After cleaning, I only have 20 minutes rest before heading out to pick up Leonard again. (I am sure M will detail the activity of Leonard and Daycare.)
In some perspective, this schedule is not much easier than working full-time. I consider myself lucky because Annie shares so much of dirty work. The biggest one is laundry. She did a lot of laundry while I was out running errands. This is especially important as Leonard has two wet accidents between changes this morning. On the other hand, after whole days of driving, shopping, chopping, and cleaning, my arms are very sour and my already-damaged-back starts to hurt again. So, with just one asking, M drove me to pick up Leonard.
After dinner (beef cucumber), Annie took care of dish and garbage cleaning. She also gave Leonard a bath while I am watching my new favorite show, Rissolie and Isle.
A busy day pass by very fast. Sorry, we didn't save the world today. Maybe it is because my mind is so occupied. I am actually cannot wait to publish today's post.
Do you remember what are we doing on August 07 in the past?
These are where we were:
August 07, 2009
| At Annie's house, packing my stuffs and getting ready to move. |
| M's stuffs occupied the dinning room. Yuki, like a rug, situated herself in her favorite spot. |
| I was closing the box. I still remember what are those: all my legal documents since moving to the US. |
August 07, 2011
| In 2nd floor playroom, Leonard is almost one year-old. He is playing with Grandma. |
| He is very chunky during that time because he already eats solid food but cannot walk. |
| He still loves this stuffed animal (a dog). |
August 07, 2012
| I got these today, except the potato toys, the teether and the plates are both homework from the teachers for Leonard. |
| I also bought these toys today. They are all very cheap toys and I only buy them for Leonard's potty train. |
| Don't they look cute?! Even me want to play with them. |
I bought those toys to make a "potty bag". I heard some kids are trained with M&M and I guess M will not approve giving Leonard more sweets. So, I made a bag of toys he only gets to play when he goes potty (that is why cheap toy is okay). I actually tried today. His face all lights up when I brought the bag out. I know the bag itself already makes him really curious because it is a old computer bag with a lot of shinning zippers. I told him to sit on the potty and then I will give him the bag. He told me "pa-pa (scared in Chinese)", and he shows me there is a "hole" in the potty by putting his hands in there and said "dong-dong (hole in Chinese)". How cute he is!!
So, instead of him sitting on the potty, I sat on the potty to let him see he is not going to fall into the hole. We laughed and played there for about 3 minute. He didn't sit on the potty at all. I am hoping I can gradually help him getting rid of the fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment