Before Leonard was born, our friends in small group threw a
baby shower for us to celebrate the upcoming birth of our baby. As a girl, of course I know what is a baby shower. M, a guy, never attended one before and was totally clueless when invited to his own party. I recalled one of the host Jim told him (as a guy to another guy): trust me, you won't attend many. Guest what?! M attended another baby shower this year! Among all the showers I ever attended, this one for K&R is the one I am so so so longed for it to happen! I made the gift box myself but I was so excited for them that I forgot to take picture... You can only see a corner of it in the picture below. It is the box with purple dot in the plastic gift bag on the table.
 |
| All of us are here-- so nice! I missed it when we all attended Grace McKean and got to see each other on Sunday. |
 |
| Leonard is usually very shy with others-- but he seems like Josh very much! |
 |
| Susan kindly brought out this toy so Leonard can have something to play with. |
Right after we received the invitation, I was planning what I should get for them everyday! I picked the gifts from their registration list-- Leonard always prefers the toys his daddy picks for him. I hope Sofie will like those I picked! The birth mom and Kristie are so much like sisters! I am very very happy for both couples. I cannot wait to meet their beautiful daughter Sofie!
 |
| K, the Birth Mom and Sofie-- they are picking their trophies after winning a game. |
M was taking picture for them the entire night. I stole the honor of publish some of them first. There were so many photos that one USB pen is not enough. I am sure R will take more after Sopie is born. Taking photo seems is the habby every guy will develop after becoming a dad...
 |
| Yes-- parenting sometimes is like scooping cotton balls when blindfolded... (?) |
 |
| Is this new father with 13 months experience does better? |
 |
| They are opening gifts... I got toys, paci, receiving blankets, and two wrap-me (only mom knows what that is). The box is for them to put the toys... baby stuffs are small in size, they'll need a lot of boxes! |
I have to admit parenting is an uneasy journey and adoption maybe is even harder(?). I sometimes wonder why God creates me this way and I guess K&R would think about themselves the same. But when I look at them, I know God give them something very special. God gives them a goal they can work together as a couple-- most of us do not have this chance. Now they are expecting this little baby join their life. This is definitely something worthy to celebrate!
 |
| Congratulation to both couples! |
What nice blog post!!!! Thanks for posting these pictures too!
ReplyDelete