Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wonderful Weekend Part II- Erie Zoo

Both M and I grew up in a city-- a large city. It is a wealthy city too where the price of a 900 square feet apartment can sell for more than $300K easily... you can image people there do not have much of space for pets. Most family pets are birds, small dogs and small cats. I believe I never see a squirrel till I went into college. After moving here, we saw squirrels everyday that we took it for granted. There was once I mentioned to my friend back home that my nephew was chasing squirrel in the backyard. They responded in an envy voice: he is so lucky...

At the Entrance. Probably hard to tell it is a zoo.

Following the same logic, Leonard is the luckiest boy in the world this weekend. We went to the zoo. He did not only see the squirrel... he also pat a goat! A kangaroo sneaked up underneath his stroller. And a beautiful parrot (?) stopped on his stomach. We later found this parrot is the decoy his fellows sent, while everyone's attention was focus on this beautiful creature, the other two green ones sneaked into the back of the stroller where the bags of sandwiches actually were. Unfortunately to them the bags were neatly tied and their mission was therefore failed. If we visit the zoo again, I am tempted to hide a piece of chip in my pocket to see if they'd ever come back!


Now you know it is a zoo. An elegant giraffe is walking behind us. 

The decoy in action... this beautiful bird came and rested on Leonard's lap while the others were at the back of stroller trying to steal food from us. 

Can I touch it? Mommy?
This green one found a crumb underneath the blanket.
An baby kangaroo got underneath Leonard's stroller. Leonard looked at us wondering...

Leonard wants to play the beard of this goat. 
The goat probably does not feel so much of playing.

Look at that funny otter!

Leonard: I want to pat the otter!!

This little boy scared penguins away... after seeing what he is trying to do to the goat, I would not blame them. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww~~ That looks like to much fun!!!! I love the zoo!!! Cause that's where you can see a giraffe~~ ^^
    (又完全畫錯重點....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! I know you would! Seriously, the way giraffes move are so elegant! Probably because they have such long legs. I saw them in Africa. I was very touched by how beautiful they are they walked by the tree silently.

    But I also heard their kicks weight tons-- one strike can easily throw our truck into the woods.

    ReplyDelete