I woke up pretty early around 7:30am, knowingly that this is
the last packing day for upcoming moving. Now my part is only 30% done. Need to be fast.
T was up too, to feed Taikun milk. Taikun rose early today. Then,
I saw T walked back from the garage crying, saying Thief cat is missing
Cat is gone! How could possibly this happen? . One of the lattice
doors of the cage is open. Obviously, Thief cat escaped from there.
I started to recollect when was the last time I saw thief
cat. I seemed to see him yesterday afternoon when I brought Taikun out for a
walk. Taikun asked to open the garage door so it was left open for an hour when
we were outside.
Tina cries so sadly—I can fully understood since that’s her
cat who has been her company since in CA. The cat flew coast to coast with T to
MD later, and finally relocated to PA. The cat has been T’s best friend when
she was alone or helpless. I can fully understand how important and meaningful
it is to T.
Unfortunately the timing is so bad. We are moving on the day
after tomorrow, especially after T has been sick for two days. We really don't have any luxury to waste on anything unrelated to moving.
T is so sad. Thief cat is a shy, indoor cat. After leaving
us, mostly likely it will hide in a place that no human will notice, like in
bushes or under the deck etc. That is, the likelihood to be discovered may be
slim. As an indoor cat, it has lost its ability to self-feed. If left unfound longer
bad things may happen due to lack of food, disease, or cold weather.
Later she proposed to edit a flyer for neighborhood for a
search. I helped. T edited a flyer and I reviewed it before mass-printed it for
140 copies. Then T drove, and I distributed it in our neighborhood and an
adjacent one. 140 flyers ran out very quickly and we had to return.
We also called Anna Shelter and Humane society of NW PA
providing information, hoping to hear good news from them.
Let’s pray for T and thief cat.
Update 11:16pm, Aug 18: Throughout the day, T has been
looking outside of windows to see if Thief cat returns! I am so touched by her persistence--which later is proven paying
off.
Around 8pm, Thief cat was seen in front of the house! T was
so excited and dashed outside bare-footed, hoping to get him. The cat appeared
to be scared and escaped to the back yard. He was found to hide beneath the deck. T
tried to lure him by presenting his food including his favorite snack, but he
escaped again, into the depths of woods.
T looked around again and again and simply couldn’t find
him. While it’s getting dark, T and I returned to packing chores. T left
several trays of his food in front door and back deck, hoping to attracting him
back. But so far there is no trace of him.
Also, T received a neighbor’s phone message for witnessing
the cat. Of course, it'd be in vain if we cannot get him. Hope tomorrow things will get better and Thief cat can return to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment