Monday, August 6, 2012

Frustration is measured by calories

Since M accepted the position in NY, we have taken several house hunting trips. We found an old house we both feel acceptable but the whole purchase transaction in NY(C) is so complicated and frustrating that today we finally get to the point to decide to withdrawal from the offer. Believe or not, we didn't even get to the contract stage after almost 40 days.

Here is my wish list for our search. It is almost contrary to what we have now in almost every way. I guess after 3 years I really want a change:

1) a ranch or historical house (so Leonard won't fall from stairway), absolutely no cookie cut house.
2) a nice size fenced backyard (for Leonard to run).
3) kitchen with a (very) big island (so both Leonard and I can have our own messy-corner).
4) with studio for my craft stashes (to get away every once a while).
5) a study for M, somewhat separated from the main activity area for quietness.
6) a guest room, preferable a separate wing or suite (for my in-laws for their extended stays).

M likes to live at the east side of the hudson river so the house holds better value. I prefer to stay under budget in case we don't like what is offered by the school district and have to send Leonard to private school. M wants a perfect house and I like to have a little project to make it my own home......

Yes, I know. Our wish list is long, weird, and unreasonable. No wonder we can only find one house after searching for the entire summer.

Since we don't have a deal, we'll have to rent for couple of months. We plan to move asap and then start our search again. While typing this down, I actually feel relief: I don't have to stay in Erie by myself with Leonard to wait for the closing. We are going to start our life in NY very soon!!

Damn! Why don't I think of it earlier?! To distract from the frustration, we went to DQ and each of us demolished a big Sundae!

I like waffle more than ice cream!

what? Mommy is talking pictures? what is daddy doing?

Everyone cheese~~!

1 comment:

  1. Third picture is well taken. It'll be even better if it is well-focused. To reach the focus for best sharpness, press the shutter only half-way on the object (in this case, say Taikun's eyes). When it is in focus, keep pressing it all the way down to finish a shot.
    Looking forward to your future great photos!

    ReplyDelete